Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Thursday, March 10, 2005

My Favorite Subject: Hosts Who Suck

A couple of years ago, I posted some comments on the All Access website about the sad state of syndicated talk radio (things haven't gotten any better) and singled out one particular host by name as exemplar of the mediocrity on the bird: one Mike Gallagher.

A couple of days later I got a call from a friend at a local Gallagher affiliate station; it seems Mr. Gallagher had devoted a precious hour of his syndicated programming ripping me a new one. Me! Jim Walsh! A relative nobody in the biz! Two thoughts ran through my mind at the time: 1) This Gallagher guy must be pretty thin-skinned, and 2) I should send him a note thanking him for the plug (to his credit, Mike sent me a good-humored response; I suppose it was schtick after all. God, I hope it was).

I mention this for one reason: the other night I was listening to a local station and a host named Lars Larson.

I think I owe Mike Gallagher an apology...