Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Thinning The Herd, Pt. XXXVIII

Preident Bush is urging the good folks of New Orleans to get the heck out of harm's way.

The Chief of Police in that fair city put it even better: he told people to stop jerking around and "haul ass."

Fair enough...they're doing their jobs. But it's hard to feel sorry for anyone who doesn't heed their advice.

Don't misunderstand me - I'm not talking about the emergency crews or anyone else who is forced by poverty, illness or other circumstances to ride it out; I'm referring to those mental midgets who have opted to hang in there, right in the line of fire, out of what George Carlin quaintly described as "macho asshole bullshit."

You always read about these morons after the fact - usually on the obits page.

I do feel for the folks who will be called upon to put their own lives on the line to rescue these idiots. If it were left up to me, I'd tell the police, Coast Guard, etc. to leave these "hurricane party" types to their own devices.

So to the genuine heroes who will be there for the genuinely unfortunate, I salute you and wish you the best.

And to you macho idiots who think you're proving some point - Mr. Darwin sends his regards...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home