Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Friday, July 25, 2008

Milestones

I reached a personal milestone a few days ago. Bear with me...

I switched car insurance this month. Saved a bundle of dough, but there's a little more to it...

For years I've shared car insurance with my father; all the cars were under his policy, and he took care of it. I never gave it much thought, and he rarely bothered to mention it. It all goes back to my misspent youth when my parents helped finance my major purchases. Out of convenience, inertia, or whatever, I just never got around to getting my own policy.

Until now.

Bottom line: at age fifty-two, for the first time in my adult life, I am proud to say I am one hundred percent financially independent.

Well, better late than never, right Dad...right Dad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home