Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Joe Biden: the next Number Two, or just...well, number two...

My take on Biden (and as a Delaware native I've met him once or twice) is that he started out as a well-meaning guy and got corrupted by too many years in the system. (I witnessed a speech in 1977 where he urged citizens to actually take the initiative in caring for the elderly in their own families and stop relying on the government so much. Yeah, he actually said that...in 1977).

On the other hand, I once worked alongside a certain Wilmington businessman with ties to Biden and that guy was as crooked as the proverbial day is long...

(Not that it blows up my skirt one way or another; the only thing that could conceivably drive me to even consider voting would be if McCain were to pick someone really, really, really, really, really, really, really, revolting as his number two...)