Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Best and the Worst

Scanning the AM dial this week (against the advice of loved ones who for some reason are concerned about my blood pressure) I came across examples of the best - and the worst - in 2008 spoken-word radio.

First (naturally) the worst: a well-known syndicated "host" (who I won't mention by name) took a call from a very scary female who rattled off a list of celebrities she is "boycotting" because of their real or imagined politcal bias. Naturally, the host proceeded to pull out his own little list...

Now, one of the best: my pal Jon Grayson, from St. Louis. Thursday night I caught about an hour of Jon's show: one slam-bang interview after another, tons of energy and momentum, and not a political geek within a light year of the show. (Check out Jon's show here.)

Thanks Jon...you made my week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home