Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Open Letter To My Talk Radio Bretheren

Guys and gals:

Get over yourselves.

I can't tell you how many times in recent months I've spoken with folks I know in the biz (many of whom are genuinely decent people) who just couldn't detatch themselves from their on-air personae.

Listen guys: it's one thing, I suppose, to pull that political posturing crap on the air for your faithful listenership; but I'm in the same racket as you are. You may be buying into it, but I ain't. Just dial it back a bit.

Believe me, there's nothing sadder than someone grooving on their own bullshit. The great threat to the spoken-word genre is not the PC crowd or the return of the Fairness Doctrine...

It's the militant mediocrity within our own ranks.

So (and this goes for left wing, right wing, or middle of the bird)...just cut the bee-yes.

I won't hold my breath waiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home