Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Wedding Bell Blues

Shoulda known.

Lissa and I were planning on getting married early next month. Neither of us are really familiar with the procedure. She's never been married; I was married once, but it was a spur-of-the-moment elopement deal (more on that disaster some other time). In our naïveté, we assumed it would be no big deal to do the paperwork, then off to the J.O.P...

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Well, for one thing, in the state where we live if you're divorced (as I am) you need proof that you're actually divorced.

So I sat myself down and wrote a little letter to the Family Court archivist in my home state, yada yada yada...

And waited.

And waited.

Six weeks later I was still waiting for my divorce decree.

Finally, after a few phone calls (and a personal visit from my father to the Family Court people), we got it in the mail. A couple of days ago.

There was also our recent move, and some money issues that I won't go into here.

Bottom line: we decided that at this stage, early September is cutting it a bit close, and we've decided to move the nups back by a month or so. Mid-October or thereabouts.

That's assuming nothing else goes wrong. Wish us luck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home