Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Same Old Lang Syne

Here's an electrifying, blow-by-blow account of what I did on New Year's Eve:

6:00PM: Took my wife out for Chinese food. The sesame chicken was pretty good.

7:00PM: Stopped at the place where we rang in 2007, to see if the same guy would be playing there this year. He wasn't, so we didn't stay.

7:15PM: Drove through Starbuck's for hot chocolate.

7:30PM: Drove by Barnes & Noble...alas, they were closed.

7:35PM: Hit The Bistro, one of our favorite local watering holes. I had one drink, my wife had two.

8:00PM: Went the hell home, channel-surfed until 11:55PM, watched the ball come down at midnight, our time (via one hour tape-delay on CNN). Drank some cheap champagne (it was kinda vinegary), went to bed.

All in all, a very satisfying New Year's Eve. Mostly, I'm thankful the holiday season is over, and we can all get on with our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home