Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Kibbles 'n' Bits

Just a few musings for your dancing and listening pleasure...

Regarding Mary Kay Letourneau and her new hubby: she paid her debt to society, the groom is now of age, fine, let 'em get married. Beyond that, I couldn't care less...

Star Wars has run its course. So has Star Trek. All in the same month. Picture hordes of nerds plunging lemming-like over a cliff...

Richard Pryor is in the advanced stage of MS. It's heartbreaking to look at him.

Nicole Ritchie, on the other hand, is anorexic. I don't feel sorry for her one damn bit.

I'm sorry Laura Ingraham has breast cancer and I wish her a speedy recovery, but I won't retract my previous statement that she's one of the worst talk hosts in the biz...

I'm sorry Kylie Minogue has breast cancer and I wish her a speedy recovery, but I never really cared for her music, at least not since her cover of The Locomotion...

One person I genuinely admire is Jessica Lynch. Almost two years since all the brouhaha, and you've barely heard a thing about her. She seems to be primarily interested in getting on with her life - that's refreshing...

One of the worst jobs I ever had was Nightclub DJ; in essence, you're baby-sitting a roomful of drunks...

The great thing about jazz concerts is that the people actually come to hear the music...

Tonya Harding always reminded me way too much of my first wife...

You know what I don't get? Storm-chasing. I guess it's one thing if you do it for a living, but amateur storm-chasing?!? I don't know about you, but if there's even the hint of a funnel cloud, I plan to get as far away from it as possible...

When I go for walks now I take along my portable compact disc player. Not music - books on CD...

While we're on the subject: I've come to believe that abridged books on tape are a ripoff...

Is it just me, or does it seem like the new pope is keeping a very low profile?

The Muppets were on last night. Surely I can't be the only one who finds Miss Piggy excruciatingly unamusing...

Desperate Housewives? I caught it twice and suspect I've seen everything there is to see...

I would think being married to Britney Spears would be great for about a month...

Lisa Marie Presley must be really hard up for work; she has to know that singing, for her, is a bad idea...

My current favorite Guilty Pleasure: the Mexi-Rolls at Taco John's. None of the fancy dipping stuff, just the basic taco sauce and plenty of it. Love 'em!

What I'd be thinking if I were serving in Iraq: I'm over here getting my ass shot at for God knows what, and the best they can send me is Nick and Jessica?!?

The Ultimate Scam Artists: people who run pet cemetaries. If you feel the need to fork over several hundred (or several thousand?) dollars of your hard-earned dough to throw a funeral for your dog, you really need to break into the savings account and buy some perspective...

The newest Law & Order series has been cancelled. I suspect that franchise has been played out as well...

My advice for the day: Trust no man over forty with a full head of hair...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home