Jim Walsh's Big Hairy Weblog Thingy

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Radio Games

Those of us in the radio biz all remember hearing (or knowing) a disc jockey who was so utterly predictable that we could literally tell people what the guy was gonna say right before he said it (it's a fun game to play while driving around with your non-radio friends):

Me: "On the Big 109 KCUF it's me Big Joe, with a blast from the past..."

Radio: "On the Big 109 KCUF it's me Big Joe, with a blast from the past..."

Friend: "Wow...how'd you do that?"

Me: "Just psychic, I guess. Now pay up..."

It's a fun game that you can still play today. Driving into work yesterday (all by my lonesome) I punched in the local Hannity affiliate.

I thought to myself, "Self...I'll bet Sean The Prison Bitch is gonna talk today about Tom DeLay."

Yup...you guessed it.

How did I know? Because that's all he's talked about for weeks.

Or it seems that way anyway.

And if you were to ask me what I thought Randi Rhodes would be yapping about and I said "Cindy Sheehan," you could safely assume I didn't exactly strain my brain in the process (don't take my word for it - look it up in Randi's archives for 10/21/05).

How did I know? See above.

Aside from the fact that Hannity is much prettier than Randi, what the hell's the difference?

Cindy Fergodsake Sheehan on Randi; Tom Frigging DeLay on Hannity. How long can they keep on beating these dead horses and ranting on about stuff that nobody in the real world really cares about?

Talk to me about the price of gas, how to beat the new property tax, or who is the hottest Desperate Housewife, but please...SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE INSIDE-THE-BELTWAY CRAP!